Pet Resource Links
I have found many sites over the years and decided to share my research with other pet lovers. If you find this list of pet-related sites useful, then please share the page with friends, family and on your social media accounts ~ thanks!
Find a pet service provider
Note: these are the only sites I could find where you can search for pet services by zip code but DO NOT require you to register or to create an account. I also have three Facebook groups in the Pet Forums and Groups section below that are for pet service providers. You may be able to join the groups and find someone in two of those groups - one specifically mentions that it is not for finding a pet sitter.
- Pet Sitters International: The Pet Sitters International site provides links and contact information for pet sitters and dog walkers, in your area. Scroll down a little to find first the zip code text box and below that there are check boxes to select your type of pet(s).
- Pet Sitters Associates: Look for the large "Search." on the left. The Pet Sitters Associates site provides insurance, bonding, and online listing for members for all forms of pet sitting: Pet Sitting, Pet Walking, Pet Transportation, and Pooper Scoopers.
- National Asociation of Professional Pet Sitters: NAPPS is the source for everything animal owners need to know about hiring a pet sitter. You can search by zip code via the large blue button labeled Pet Sitter Locator on the right just below the menu.
Find a Pet to Adopt
Don’t forget to do searches for local shelters and rescues that may not have a strong online presence.
- The Recovery Village: Read more about the benefits of pet adoption for those in recovery.
- SPCA International: Find a local SPCA where you can meet the dog or cat you will adopt.
- Pet Finder: A directory of animal shelters and adoption organizations across the U.S., Canada, and Mexico
- Adopt a Pet: They list pets that shelters and rescues have for adoption.
- Get Your Pet: An online community that connects people who want to adopt a pet with people who need to find their pet a new home.
Pet-Friendly Hotels & Rentals
- Bring Fido: Over 200,000 listings for pet-friendly hotels, vacation rentals, B&B’s, campgrounds, restaurants, dog parks, beaches, dog events and more.
- Pets Welcome: Another site that lists hotels, motels, B&Bs and vacation rentals that accept pets.
- Trips With pets: They have a form where you can enter your destination, check-in and check-out dates. They also have a link of activities where pets are welcome.
- Extended Stay America: Similar to Trips with Pets with a form on destination and dates.
Pet Forums & Groups
- City-Data-Forum Pets: A really good pet forum – check it out.
- Paw Talk: They have subforums for every possible type of pet.
- Pet Forums: Have separate forums for dogs, cats, and other pets.
- Pet Sitters Network: A Facebook group focused on people in the pet care industry. It is NOT a group to find a pet sitter.
- Pet Sitters and Pet Owners Community: A Facebook community for animal lovers – pet owners and pet sitters. The pet sitters advertise their businesses on Tuesdays & Sundays.
- Dog Walker to Dog Walker: This is a Facebook group for professional dog walkers, both experienced and walkers just starting out.
Pet Photography & Miscellaneous
- My Outdoor Photography: Check out my landscape, nature cityscape and other photos. The link takes you directly to the pet portraits page, but check out all the links.
- Pet Photography – I haven’t found one definitive site on this subject, but here are some good articles:
- 9 Pet Photography Tips: This article is from Digital Photography School and right away I could tell the photographer is good and knows his stuff.
- Top 10 Pet Photography Tips and Techniques: Another article from Digital Photo school with some good points.
- Technical Studio Tips: This article involves indoor setup, gear and camera settings. The photos are more formal, but if you interested in these type of photos, it’s worth a read.
- Chewy: I buy boxes of bio-degradable dog bags from them. You may not know about this site, but I see Chewy boxes all the time at my clients’ houses or on doorsteps. Check them out for pet supplies
- Jakprints: This is where I get my business cards. There may be cheaper or better business card suppliers, but I am happy with their prices and product. I designed my cards in Illustrator, so you may have to look into someone designing the cards for you if you are not familiar with that program.
- WordPress: If you are interested in building your own site and blog, then WordPress is fantastic. This site is built using OceanWP theme and Elementor page builder. My site could be better, but I’m not a web designer. I tried different options and design elements until I liked it. Note: you need to register your domain name, get a hosting company, and then you can access WordPress from your cPanel. Contact me if you have questions on any of that.